Thursday, August 4, 2011

40 Days of Worship - Day 4

Put your life before God...

Scripture: "So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life - your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around-life - and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for Him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out."
Romans 12:1-2, the Message

Putting your life before God is the ultimate sacrifice. But what does that look like today? How do we do that with all that clamors for our attention and energy? It's certainly not as easy as it may sound, is it?

This translation is one of my favorites because it takes the complex idea and puts it in simple, easy to understand language. Don't fixate on the things that are going to be hard for YOU to do.

Look in the middle of the text. What do you see? Answer this question: what does God DO for you that is the best for you? (Not what's good for you, but what's BEST for you!)

Once we move closer to Him in this passage, and fix our attention on Him, then the natural cause and effect should take place in our lives: Changed from the inside out!

What would hold you back from putting your entire life in His hands? What would cause you to doubt that His plan and ways are BEST for you?

Sing along -
All to Jesus, I surrender, all to Him I freely give.
I will ever love and trust Him, in His presence daily live.
I surrender all, I surrender all.
All to Thee, my Blessed Savior, I surrender all.
(Judson VanDeventer)

No comments: