Monday, August 29, 2011

40 Days of Worship - Day 29

Fear NOT!

Scripture: Psalm 27:1

Short and to the point.

If God is my light, my salvation and the stronghold of my life, then whom will I fear?

According to David in this Psalm, I should fear not. Take the time to read the rest of this Psalm.

I know that life gets scary sometimes. I know that life is uncertain at times. I know that life has a lot of unanswered questions. The question you have to ask yourself is this – will I live in fear of what I don’t know, or in faith of Whom I do know?

Do I have enough faith in God to carry me through those hard and scary times? Do I have enough confidence in God to guide me through uncertain waters? Do I believe God has the answer to my questions and doubts?

So it’s another one of those ‘reality check’ kind of days:

· Does fear have more power in your life than your faith? Is it across the board or just in certain places?

· How much of this fear ‘creeps in’ to your worship? Does it consume you or just nag you from the back of your mind?

If you’re doing okay in this area, take a moment to say Thank You to God.

I will put my trust in You, I will put my hope there too, I will stand upon Your Word, I will not be shaken.

I will let my praises flow, holding onto what I know, for I know You’re always there, I will not be shaken. I will not be shaken!

(© Nickeldimeus Music, 2002)

No comments: