Wednesday, August 31, 2011

40 Days of Worship - Day 31

Speaking out boldly in public…

Scripture: Psalm 119:45-48

Again, if you have the Message translation, this is a verse that resonates well. If you don’t have it, go to www.youversion.com and select the passage and the Message translation.

If I could capture my house during a Steelers football game and share that with the congregation, I’d probably be committed somewhere. I get crazy. I love my team, from the top all the way to the folks who work the stadium each week. And I’m not ashamed to show it – ever.

I wish I could say I’m the same when it comes to God and my walk with Him. Yes I do get a little excited some Sundays but it’s nothing like what I do with m Steelers. I don’t “speak out boldly in public” like verse 46 talks about. What’s worse is I don’t look for opportunities to do that.

So here’s our bold challenge for us today:

Find a place where you can connect with someone and boldly share what Christ has done for you, in you and through you. Unembarrassed (v. 46).

And yes, I would say it needs to be someone you don’t really know. If it’s a conflict at work, go offsite for lunch or break. This really shouldn’t be a shock to anyone who knows you, works with you, goes to class with you – if you’ve been striving to have a more personal relationship with Christ through this study, it will already be known (and seen).

I am not ashamed of the Gospel, the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had another great opportunity yesterday at work. Start the conversation and have to walk out to the parking lot to finish it. Good though.

Karl said...

God is AWESOME! My prayer for you is that God will use you to be a blessing...and you will be blessed through this.