Thursday, August 11, 2011

40 Days of Worship - Day 11

On my lips there's a shout of praise!

Scripture: "Let praise cascade off my lips, after all, You've taught me the truth about life! And let Your promises ring from my tongue; every order You've given is right. Put Your hand out and steady me since I've chosen to live by Your counsel." Psalm 119:171-173 the Message

This is a carry-over from yesterday. We ended the day thanking God for His direction and wisdom as you sought it in His Word. Let that continue today.

Now, let me ask you something. When someone you know does something really well, something worth recognition, do you keep it to yourself? Do you just 'file it away' for future reference so you can have a little 'me party time'?

Of course not! You can't wait to tell folks what happened and how proud you are of that person.

So, it goes to say it should be the same, if not more so, with God. He is guiding you through His Word and with His Spirit. People need to know that He is alive and well and moving in your life. Don't be shy. Matthew 5:15 reminds us that we are salt and light, and we're not to hide it under a bushel - NO! "I'm gonna let it shine!" Sharing accolades of praise for God for His faithfulness is one way for us to be salt and light.

Write out one or two things you just want to shout for joy about. How has God put a spring in your step? What has He done that you just can't keep to yourself?

Share it...SHOUT it if you can!

No comments: