Monday, September 29, 2008

Sunday Reflection

Another good day with God! Even in our weaker moments, God is bigger than anything we can ever face. Pastor Bill gave a great message that WE ALL need to hear and begin working on NOW!
  • Unity is not an option. It is God's requirement that we reconcile with others in our lives. Then the watching world will know that we are one...but we have to want it!
  • Unity is also messy business. As I sat and listened, I looked around the room and could see people processing. I wonder, do we really want to live as one, or is it too much hard work? My prayer for all of us is that we will work at it with all we have. Not because we have to, but because we want to for Christ and His Kingdom work. Is there any other better reason?
  • As a leader, I need to make sure that my teams are all working on this same principal. It's one thing to be united as a team, but are we all united as a BIGGER team?
It's time to get our hands dirty. We will have to have some 'tough' conversations with people who we have been keeping at arms length. (Hey, I'm right there with you all!) It will take us having to admit that we may have been wrong, or that we hurt someones feelings. Go find those people you need to have these conversations with, listen with God's ears, and then love the relationship back to where it needs to be. It's kind of like a shot - it will only hurt for a little bit, but once it's done, the pain subsides. Trust me, it's worth it to bring unity back into your relationships and back into your life.

If you need help or just someone to bounce stuff off of, get in touch with one of us on staff and we'd be glad to help you.

See ya in church...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Me next!!!! ME, ME, ME, ME!!!!! I want to be wrecked, disturbed, and have my butt kicked!! By the way, I was serious about wanting to read this book.
Have a wrecked day! :-)