Monday, September 22, 2008

So..What Are YOU Going To Do?

Thought Sunday was a GOOD day for all of us to hear from God.
  • I needed to be reminded that God's plan is ALWAYS bigger than I think. I have plans to do this or do that in ministry and in my personal life. But I have to admit that I don't dream/plan as big as God does. Time for that to change!
  • We don't have anything on our own. DUH! But how often we forget this, huh? What would it be like if we REALLY LIVED THIS OUT IN OUR EVERYDAY LIVES?
  • I don't know why, but God takes what I have and turns it into something that He can use. Folks, please hear me, I am NOTHING without Christ. My talent, my 'skill', my drive is motivated SOLELY by my pursuit of Him. Take that away, and I suck pond water!
  • I need to serve with what I have from where I am. But I can't stop there! I need to be chasing after those things that God has put in my path and see how they can bring glory to Him. In short, I need to be serving, not just 'doing my job'.
So, to follow up on Pastor Bill's challenge, what are YOU going to do with those things that God has given you? Will you be selfish and make excuses as to why you just can't fit serving into your schedule? Go ahead and do that, but know that you're doing that to God, not to the church. You're saying, "God, I don't have time for you. I have time for all the things I WANT TO DO, but you'll just have to wait." I'm sure He'll understand. (You can tell I'm tired of being nice and dancing around how I really feel!)

AHH!!!!!!! People - STOP LIVING THE LIE! Stop telling yourself you can't serve EVEN JUST ONE SERVICE A MONTH! Put your faith in Him and trust Him with your busy lives and schedules. Go ahead and risk for HIM! I can tell you - from personal experience - that when you DO THIS, He will bless you in ways you never thought possible. When I realized I needed to give Him more time, while still working full time in retail, my whole world was turned RIGHT-SIDE UP! My relationship with God grew, my family life improved, we never went without anything, ministry opportunities began to increase and the list goes on and on. It wasn't until I put GOD FIRST that any of this happened.

If you love God - and I know you do - step up. Today...this week...no more putting it off. Find that passion that He put in your heart and find out how to use that to point people to Christ. This Sunday, following both services, we will have the Service Opportunities information available on the patio (weather permitting). Come and get information...come ask questions...get plugged in to serving on the team and be blessed. That's one promise I can make!

See ya in church...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!!!!! You're really stomping all over toes aren't you? I'm just waiting for the "thumbing your nose at God" comment you always throw at me when I whine.

Keep stompin'!!!!!

Karl said...

I figure since my toes are gettin' stomped on, why not share? Don't worry...I'll keep stompin' 'cause He's not done stompin on me!