Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Trust-N-Seek!

As a kid growing up, much like many of us, I played many games of hide-n-seek. In the yard, in the house, in the church - anywhere that was accessible to good hiding spaces. I was pretty good at it as a kid. I was almost always the last or one of the last ones to be found. I hid well!

As an adult, I still sometimes play this game, only not in the sense that I did as a kid. I play it with God. I screw up and go hide until a) He convicts me and I come out of hiding, or b) I pull my head out and come crawling to Him begging for forgiveness for being so stupid.

We all do this. We don't like it, but we do it and it hurts our Father when we do. The silly part about it is He is always there waiting for us. Psalm 9:10,
"Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you."

We have to trust in Him to take care of our screw ups and our mistakes. We don't run and hide when things go wrong. We have to be constantly seeking Him in all aspects of our lives, no matter what they are, and we have to truly TRUST that He knows what's best and let Him do it.

So you're not doing well financially. Are you talking to Him about it or trying to fix it on your own (another form of hiding)? You don't have the relationship you want with your family, friends or others. Are you bringing it to Him so He can bless the situation? Are you struggling with something in your life but not willing to talk with Him about it?

Remember the verse - those who KNOW His name will TRUST in Him and will SEEK Him! Don't run from God. Run hard to Him and let Him bless you and take care of you the way He wants to.

Hiding never helps. It just keeps us in the dark longer!

Chasing hard after Him...

No comments: