Monday, April 13, 2009

Post Easter!

What a weekend!
  • 4 services that rocked it for Jesus.
  • At least 3 decisions for Jesus - does that EVER get old?
  • TONS of new faces.
  • An excitement about the right things and the right person!
  • An Easter meal that left me full, happy and very content!
My prayer is that we, as a church, will look at our lives and see where we need to stop making it about us and more about Him. I know that in my life there are areas where I get in the way of who He is and what He needs to do in my life. The longer I make it about me, and less about Him, the longer I miss out on His plan and blessing for my life.

John said that "He must increase, and I must decrease." (John 3:30) That requires obedience to His will, commitment to His way of life and a boldness to follow through no matter what. I strive for that every day, but don't always make it. Thankfully I serve a God who loves me, forgives me and picks me up so I can get after it again the next day. More of Him, less of me.

Hope you start to decrease this week as well...

No comments: