Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Thoughts...

We serve an amazing God! He never ceases to amaze me - never.


As I got ready to deliver the message that God had given me this week, He allowed me to have an encounter that would clarify what the message was that I needed to bring. It was a simple encounter, one that involved listening, prayer and an open spirit to allow God to work so that I could love like Jesus.
  • We have to love people like Jesus loved people - period. We don't get to chose who deserves it. He said to love God, others, neighbors AND our enemies. Whose left?
  • Married couples - love each other the way that Christ loved the church. DON'T EVER GIVE UP - DON'T EVER QUIT ON EACH OTHER!
  • Yes, I did say "It pisses me off when Satan wins the divorce battle in our families." I'm tired of people being 'okay' with that.
  • And yes, I did say the men, "Grow a pair and fight for your marriage. Loving like Jesus doesn't involve being a coward or a quitter."
  • Challenged people to love Jesus by sharing their successes and failure in the area of marriage and parenting.
  • Had close to 15 "marriage coaches", 4 "newlywed coaches" and 2 "parent coaches" sign up.
  • I have NO IDEA where this is going - but God calls us to love others with the gifts, skills, abilities and experiences we have. So we'll see where He leads us!
  • WOW! Over 20 people signed up to help meet real, practical needs. Grocery shopping, prescription shopping, cleaning, reading/visiting - these are the simple acts of love that people were willing to do for COMPLETE STRANGERS! Oh wait, that would be neighbors!
  • We have a couple of decent sized crews converging on the project house, including an electrician that can help us determine what we REALLY need to do next!
FBC Pocatello - you are rockin' it for the Kingdom of God here in the Portneuf Valley. Can' t wait to see what God is going to do next.

See ya in church...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Came back to check for any response...found out my comment had been deleted...hmmmmmm? Curious and disappointed.

Kevin K.

Karl said...

A blog is not the place to have this conversation. Check your email, as I responded on Monday. Looking forward to talking! Karl

Anonymous said...

A blog is exactly the place to hold this type of conversation. It is not a one-way medium - that is why there are areas to post comments. A blog is not a place just to receive high-fives and pats on the back. If you are going to post controversial topics then you will receive controversial feedback. If you are going to sign up for new technologies and new ways of communicating then you need to be ready to receive the feedback - good or bad.

Karl said...

Agreed. However, that was not what you asked for in the initial response. What you asked for in your initial post was not something for public forum, as it included conversing with your kids. Not appropriate for here. Technology should never replace face to face conversation. Too often technology is an excuse to avoid personal confrontation. That's why I asked for a time and a place. The ball's in your court.

Anonymous said...

Didn't really expect the "conversation" with the kids via blog. The attitude and tone of the comments on your original blog of "yeah, I said that. What are you going to do about it?" is what I was commenting on. I've been reading Perry Noble's stuff, since he appears to be the current rage with the leadership at FBC. Honestly, if this is the direction chosen for FBC, I and my family are done at FBC. The arrogance and anger spewed is not Biblical or professional and it's not what I want my family going to church to hear.

Kevin K.

Anonymous said...

The third posted comment was not said by Kevin K. I intentially omitted my name in my previous post because I wanted the topic to be relevant, not who published it. I didn't want my name to be the only thing that was paid attention to. I DID want my message paid attention to.

In using this medium you need to realize that you are putting this information out for the world regardless if they see it or not. The words chosen reflect not only on you but also on every Christian that is a part of the FBC congregation. The world's view/opinion of the type of Christians at FBC is now that we are no different than the rest of the world, there is no standard, that language such as "pissed-off" and "grow a pair" is acceptable and justified by church leadership.

The congregation can not stand up on Sunday mornings to offer a rebuttal and from the deletion of the original comment on this post they apparently have no voice at all unless they schedule an appointment and come in to discuss the topic one-on-one. That, however, does nothing to change the world's view based on the comments they do see.

So the standard protocol is that the pulpit can say whatever, can justify it on blogs and to the congregation the following week, but the rest of the "body" has NO voice.

For every comment you do receive, assume there are many others who feel the same way but don’t voice it. That silence has been interpretted very incorrectly assuming that the congregation supports this direction that FBC is headed. Please pay much closer attention to these few comments you do receive, realize they are felt by many more than the few who have spoken them and then "test them" according to the direction we are given – 2 Corinthians 13:5, 1 Thessalonians 5:21. Test the feedback and please, test, against God's word, the decisions that are being made for this body of believers.

A Christ follower who is very saddened.