Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Worship and The House Project

We, as a church family, have been doing a major house remodel for a member of our church family who was in a spot. The body - over half of them - stepped up and cleaned, scraped, tore out walls and floors, re-wired, and is getting very close to doing the final painting and flooring stuff before we install bathroom fixtures and other stuff.
IT HAS BEEN AMAZING to be a part of this family in this process!

It turned out, because of what I do and my availability, I've spent a LOT of time as the 'leader' of the project, coordinating dates, supplies, contractors, and the ever loving inspector. It's been fun and interesting at the same time.

What I have really enjoyed is watching this group of people come and share with this family and do so with such amazing hearts. The word excitement rings through every conversation in this house. The level of compassion to get this family back into their home is incredible. The level of worship that is happening in this setting is mind blowing.

People are serving God by loving this family. People are praising God by using their gifts and abilities and skills to minister to someone who was and is in need. In short, they are worshiping God through their actions.

What do my actions look like during the week when I'm not in the office? Does my life, my conduct, my actions reflect an attitude of worship to God? Am I loving the people around me with the level of compassion that Jesus would? Or am I too cool and too busy to even think about them that way?

My prayer is that, especially in this project, people will see me and the love I have for someone in need - a child of God - and NOT an opportunity for Karl to get some notice. (That's why I surround myself with people who will 'pop that bubble' if it even begins to grow!)

"So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life - your sleeping, eating, going to work, and walking around life - and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out." Romans 12:1-2 (The Message)

Go rock your world for God - and worship Him the whole time you do!

5 comments:

Marja said...

I know you, and I know your heart in these things....so I'm either not very good at reading or this is phrased incorrectly. :)

"It turned out, because of what I do and my availability, I've spent a LOT of time as the 'leader' of the project, coordinating dates, supplies, contractors, and the ever loving inspector. It's been fun and interesting at the same time."

Was the title of this post Leadership Questions before? or first? That title in conjunction with what was written besides this above statement point to one thing opposite of this statement.

I'm thinking your trying to say that it's turned out well as a completely seperate statement than "because of what I do and my avilability......"

Course, my written english STINKS, so what do I know?!

I truely appreciate everyones help with my need and I still have that fridge. It'll have to be outside I'm told. So we may want to get it sooner rather than later. I can help just let me know when.

Unknown said...

So what was the "Leadership..." post? Did you delete it? I would love to read it. Or is Blogger just toying with my blog reading addiction?

Karl said...

Sometimes I can be a dweeb! I did have a leadership question post I was trying to put up, but had some issues with the link. Hang with me and I'll get it eventually!

What I was trying to say with my availability and what I do is that I see just about everyone who comes through the house. That is such a blessing to see. I get to see people worship with their gifts! It has been fun from that perspective, even though we've had some set backs with schedules.
Just want to remind people worship where you are with the life God gave you - especially in the house project!

Unknown said...

I will not comment on the "dweeb" comment. Might get me in trouble.

Marja said...

Can I comment on it?

I totally knew what you were saying, but it didn't read right...or at least to me. It's probably JUST me! LOL