Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lessons from the Chinchilla

If you were here last week you heard me talk about Kia's chinchilla, Sir Patsy Sweetpants. (Hey...I didn't name the rodent!)

Anyway, he gave me a great picture last Saturday night right before I went to bed. He got on his little wheel and just ran. He was partly angry because I wouldn't let him out. I wanted to go to bed so he stayed in his cage.

Running.

In circles. FOREVER!

That's when I got the picture of us going through life without God directing our lives. We think we're getting somewhere...we think we're accomplishing 'life goals'...
But if we're not going in the direction that God designed our lives to go, doing those things that ONLY WE can do, we're on the Chinchilla wheel - just running in circles.

My point last week, and the challenge, was to step out and let God direct every step, every decision we make in life. That may include a career change - yes you may be called to leave your steady job. Do you trust Him? It may require a relationship change - is the relationship you're in honoring to God or have you asked Him about it? If there is anything that may be taking our focus OFF of God and putting it on what we want instead then He is not directing our lives - we are.

Folks, take a chance on God. We have fallen so far into the trappings of this world that God is getting lost. He's not lost, but we sure are. Step out in faith and see what our Great God wants to do for you. "For I know the plans I have for You, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you HOPE AND A FUTURE." Jeremiah 29:11

He is our Living Hope. Do you trust Him?

Yeah...it's scary. But trust me - WOW! what a ride!

Keep listening for the chinchilla...

No comments: