Tuesday, February 14, 2012

In Case You Haven't Heard...

I have the cutest grandson in the universe!
Oh, and he knows it, too.
This picture was a few months back and he was starting to figure out the camera thing was pretty cool to look at and play with.

Daniel is amazing. He's as perfect as a baby can be...he's got parents who love him more than he will ever know...he's got grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, great grandparents, etc. who will do anything for him and love him with an unending love. And he hasn't got a clue - at least not yet - how deep and how vast this love is for him.

It makes me wonder about our relationship with God. As the years go on, how 'comfortable' do we become with His love and care for us? How often is that taken for granted? Are we coming to God each day with this same awe, this same curiosity and desire to know Him as little Daniel does to everyday life? Or is it simply becoming routine?


How great is the love that the Father has for us? How deep and wide and far His love reaches. Beyond the depths...beyond the highest peaks...beyond the farthest star, His love is there. On my darkest days, during my most difficult days this love is what carries me to the next step I need to take. It's not always easy - but it's ALWAYS there.

Just like Daniel will never be able to lose the love I have for him, my Father will never stop loving me. What an amazing gift!

I pray you'll have an encounter with the One who loves you more than you will ever know, and that it will impact you in such a way that you can't help but share it with everyone you meet!

See ya in church...

No comments: