Thursday, May 28, 2009

Why? - The God Question

When I get to heaven, I want to ask God a question. It's not a tough one, just one that comes up whenever we have to do a funeral for someone.

Why?
He was only 47 years old, just getting things going in his life with a new home - sort of a new beginning.

Why?
He was just getting some family relationships resolved and mended. They were heading in the right direction and getting better.

Why?
Only God has the answer. It's what I tell families all the time, but it doesn't bring comfort any faster. We don't know why God calls people home in their prime, just as life begins, or just before something major in their life happens.

However, I do know this. God has a plan and a purpose for everything in life. How I deal with those events and things that happen reflect what I truly believe about my God. I still want to know why - but I certainly cannot dwell on it while I'm here, because there is more work for me to do for my God. He knows our hurt and will heal us - if we let Him.

I'm saddened for the loss of my friend, John Fraire, this week. I'm glad because he is with my God right now and not in pain. To be honest, I'm jealous! He's with Dad!

Don't spend too much time asking the "Why?" question when life throws you a curve ball. Remember that you have a purpose and a job to do for the Kingdom. Ask God to show you the next step and get after it. I promise, He will bless you like crazy!!!

See ya in church...

1 comment:

Leslie Samana said...

Those words were so powerful & wonderful to read...Thank you Karl, for everything that you said & did for our family in our time of need!