Monday, February 9, 2009

Spirit Driven!

Sunday was one of those days where you just had to put yourself 'on the shelf' and let God do whatever He had planned to do. If we don't pay attention to those moments and get out of the way, we have no idea what we are missing. I'm sure I've missed some in my ministry experiences. But not yesterday...God was up to something!
  • The financial series is always a 'fun' one to find music for. Yet it all comes together in a beautiful, God honoring way each week. We did Chris Tomlin's "Enough" yesterday and it led to a very special moment at the end. If we really mean the words to the song - "All of you is more than enough for all of me..." - then we better start living that way.
  • That led to a moment where I heard God say that we need to take a fresh, new look at Him. The words just came out - "Refresh my heart, Lord, renew my mind, pour your spirit into my life, change my heart, Lord, make me more like You, refresh my heart, Lord, and make me more like you."
  • If God is not enough, then we need to ask Him to refresh our heart, renew our thinking, and change us from the inside out. When we let Him do that, it is simply amazing what God does! Give it a try!
  • When Jon B. solos on his guitar - that's his worship voice - it is always a joy to hear and watch him play. He loves God with all his heart, mind, soul and strength. If you know what to look for, you see it in him every time he plays.
Pastor Bill continued to remind us that money is not what it's all about in our lives. We put way too much emphasis and focus on money, which causes us to lose sight of what's really valuable in our lives: God, family, friends, LIFE!

Put Pastor Bill's words of advice to use - tithe, save, live on the rest. Make it a family affair, get the kids involved. Help them to understand that putting God first in our family is the most important thing we can do. Next to that we need to put God first in our money so that we can honor God with all that He has blessed us with. Take the time this week to step back and appreciate what you have. You may actually be surprised...

See ya in church.

No comments: