Monday, October 6, 2008

Off and Running...

We kicked off the "I Saw The Lord" campaign Sunday and it has some great momentum. Pastor Bill did a great set up getting us ready to hear from God as we dig into His Word. If you have NOT connected to a group yet, call the church office THIS WEEK and get yourself in position to let God do an incredible work in your life. More on that in a minute. From yesterday ---
  • No drummer, no problem. God STILL shows up even when there ain't no booming beat! Who knew?
  • Even though it was an 'all male review' worship team, God touched our hearts and brought us closer to Him.
  • First service, what is up? I know we had a smaller crowd than normal because of the women's retreat, but come on! If you're going to come to the 9 a.m. service, give yourself a little extra time in the morning. We don't want you to miss whatever it is that God has for you cause' you couldn't wake up. Bring your coffee to church if you have to (YEAH! I said it!).
Some of you thought that without the drums you seemed to miss something. To that I'd have to say that you probably did! We need to do more music without the whole team, including the drums, so that it's not about the team. I know that's not what some of you meant, but it's getting close to being about the music with statements like these. My job is to make sure it never is. So I'll be working very hard at being 'creative' in our arrangements so that we connect with God through our whole gift of worship, not through the instruments of our worship. That's my bad for not catching this sooner.

I Saw The Lord - The group exercise was WAY COOL! If I had to guess we had well over 95% participation in both services. And the responses back to Pastor Bill were GREAT! Thank you to those who were brave and stepped out to share - IN PUBLIC- what they just picked up from God's Word. Our hope is that enthusiasm and momentum will continue into your daily study time as well as your group study time. Remember, we need you to let us know how it's going throughout this study. You can comment on this blog or email it to me at karl@fbcpoky.com.

God is moving His people into position for something incredible. Will you join Him? Will you step out and seek Him in His Word and let Him change your life? You won't be going it alone. We have almost 200 people committed to this campaign (we average 320-350 in weekly attendance). With that level of commitment, I can't wait to see what God does when we're done!

Working alongside you to see how God wants to use me,
Karl

No comments: