Saturday, September 3, 2011

40 Days of Worship - Day 34

Can’t we all just get along?

Scripture: Psalm 133

The famous phrase heard ‘round the world from Rodney King, “Can’t we all just get along?” That’s been bantered around from talk shows to comedians to politicking – you name it.

But it’s also a great reminder from this passage in the book of Psalm. Two key words pop out of the passage – good and blessing (vs. 1 and 3).

If you have kids, how ‘good and pleasant’ is it when they fight with each other? Nice and quiet, calm and peaceful – hardly! It’s like WWF in the house and you’re the referee.

Unfortunately for us, we’ve experienced the same kind of fighting in His house with His kids. And it hasn’t been pleasant at all.

But we’re reminded that, when we get along with each other, it is good and pleasant. AND, “There the Lord bestows His blessing…”

God blesses us when we do what He calls us to do. God won’t bless us when we’re at odds with each other. He wouldn’t ‘promote’ that kind of behavior, especially from His own kids!

But when we live in unity with one another, both on the team and in the church, He smiles on us in many ways.

We’ve got to move forward as a body on being united. It starts with one group, one team and then moves to others.

What do you need to do in order to promote unity among your family? What do you need to do to promote unity in His church? Have you forgiven and been forgiven?

Until we learn the grace of forgiveness, both giving and receiving, we will never fully know the blessings that are ours.

I’m forgiven, because You were forsaken; I’m accepted, You were condemned.
I’m alive and well, Your Spirit lives within me because You died and rose again. Amazing love how can it be, that You my King would die for me? Amazing love I know it’s true, that it’s my joy to honor You in all I do, I honor You.
(©1996 WorshipTogether.com)

No comments: