Sunday, September 4, 2011

40 Days of Worship - Day 35

Prepare for battle…

Scripture: Psalm 144:1-2

Author Tim LaHaye has been writing about the end times for years. Known best for his Left Behind series and many other titles, he is also one of the most sought after speakers on the subject of the end times.

In a recent radio interview he was asked if he believes we’re living in the end times right now. With no hesitation he simply stated, “Yes, I believe we are.”

It sent a chill up my spine. Not because I’m not ready to go – can’t wait to get there! But there are still so many that will, pardon the pun, be left behind simply because they didn’t believe.

We are in a battle for the lost and seeking souls. Satan has done an excellent job in misguiding, blinding and deceiving thousands of souls right here in this valley. And as long as we have breath, we must fight for them.

The Psalmist paints a vivid and direct image in this passage. Read through all of 144 before the day is over, but notice the opening line – “…who trains my hands for war.”

None of us is called to be a sideline general, corporal, major – NONE. We are all being prepared for battle the moment we say yes to God.

And when we take our places each Sunday, we are shoring up the defenses by pointing hearts and minds to God. Whether music, scripture or preaching, it all strengthens us for the battle that is coming the following week.

As you focus during these last few days of this study on worship, begin to ask God to prepare you for more intense battle. Hopefully, you’ve grown some through this process and are ready for the next steps. Don’t be fearful. That comes from man – “He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer.” Think on THAT and watch fear flee!

All praise to You, my Rock, who trains my hands for war!!!

No comments: