Saturday, July 23, 2011

Some People Just Don't Get It...

I love to help people. Sometimes to a fault - ask my wife and kids!

But there are times when I feel like I'm hitting my head against a wall and all I'm getting is a headache and really dizzy. Ever been there?

You give and give and give to help someone. Sometimes you see a glimmer of hope and you think, "Maybe this is it. Maybe this is the moment that will move them to realize what they need to do..." And then they go back to what seems to be square one.

Feelings of frustration, disappointment, failure and even anger rise up. How much longer should I keep doing this? How many more times? Can I please get relief from this situation now and let someone else take over?

Since I am targeting artists' on this blog, think about the gift of art that you've been given. Maybe its music, painting, sculpting - do you ever feel like giving up on a project because it just won't come together? You know what you want it to look like, but there's just something missing. You know what would complete it, but somehow it's just beyond your reach. But we don't give up, do we? We put it in the "file" for a while; we set it on a shelf for a little bit...and then we return to it, looking at it with a fresh new perspective. Sometimes we need other peoples outside perspectives to complete it. We call that collaboration - and it works!

Sometimes, that's how we need to deal with the people in our lives who just don't get it. We NEVER give up on them! EVER! But we do need to take a moment to step back and look at where they are right now. How much do they know about Christ and His love for them? How much of His love are they TRULY seeing from us? Is there something else, some other approach we need to explore in order to help them?

He never gave up on us...so I know that we can't give up on others. Find some people to help those who really need it. Sometimes you start things that other people are better at finishing.

Collaboration with others for the benefit of someone in need can be called a miracle - in time!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are the King of taking care of the EGR people! That's part of why I am proud to be your friend. You may roll your eyes when necessary. But not in front of others.

Karl said...

Appreciate it...but even kings need people to help keep them in check. So when I DON'T take care of people, tell me!

Unknown said...

As your friend, I will always let you know.