Monday, July 18, 2011

And I'm Back....

It's been a journey, to say the least. But God is faithful and true in all He says and does!

First Baptist has been blessed with a great man of God to be our senior pastor in Mike Popovich. He brings years of experience not only in the pulpit and ministry, but also from real life experiences. He's able to connect with people on many levels and has great ministry experience that will help to guide us and grow us into the church that God has called us to be.

So what's next? What will the future look like for us here? Only God knows that. Our part, as followers of Christ, is to seek Him in prayer, walk with Him daily and find our place of serving, sharing and loving in His family. Only when we get united in the Spirit do we see the fullness of God's church BEING God's church.

We haven't always been there - unified, that is.

And I know that I've not always been the most unifying person in the building at times. I've been guilty of hanging onto what I thought we needed to hang on to, holding onto ideals that worked and wasn't willing to let go so quickly. Others have tried to justify that for me, but the bottom line is it didn't help to bring the body together. For that I am sorry.

And yes, I've confessed that to senior leadership so this isn't a surprise to them - like this is the confession hour on Karl's blog!

I say this to spur YOU on to forging ahead, who ever you may be. If there's an issue with me or someone else in our body, deal with it now, seek and offer forgiveness and then move forward.
What will kill any church is for people to hang on to past hurts and let those 'govern' the present and impede the future. Confront, confess, forgive, move forward.

FBC Poky is an unstoppable force, when we allow God to work. I'm on board. How about you?

See ya in church...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

About dang time! And, apparently, there is no stopping you once you start! Love it!