Thursday, August 6, 2009

Service IS Worship!

Father, use my life to worship You.

Use my mouth to point others to You...to encourage the broken...to comfort the hurting...to bring a smile to a face...may my words worship You in all I do.

Use my hands to help someone up...to fix something that needs repair...to hold a crying child...to fix a special meal or treat for someone just because...may my hands honor You.

Use my feet to take me to the lost and broken...to go sit with someone who needs it...to stand in the gap for whoever needs it...to carry someone who has fallen...may my feet take me to places that You would go and where You would be praised.

Use my resources - gifts, finances, possessions, etc. - to be a blessing to those who need help...to send someone to other parts of the country/world so that You may be taught...to bless the local church I call home, so that ministry can happen when it needs to...to provide shelter for someone who has lost their home...may I realize that all I have is Yours, to be used for Your glory.

Father, may my life worship You in all areas. It doesn't have to be hard to let go, but for some of us it is. Give us strength to trust you, Lord. As the disciples prayed, "Increase our faith." As we serve You, our God, may we worship You in ALL we say, ALL we do, ALL the places we go and with ALL we have. You are worthy!

Let's worship Him!

1 comment:

Stacy Rude said...

Awesome prayer, Karl. Thanks for the reminder that I have the abilty to serve others and honor God in the process. Sometimes its just too easy to get caught up in the daily grind and I forget that I am still so blessed beyond measure. I should print this out and post it in a place that I will see it all through out my day! Thanks for the reminder of why we're here.