Sunday, January 25, 2009

What A Day!

Getting ready to go teach 201, but wanted to share about an interesting and God inspired day.

It started out with my acoustic guitar player having a major migraine, and not being able to play. On top of that, my daughter - who is our drummer - got some kind of food poisoning and wasn't going to be here.

No problem. This is one of those moments where the team, no matter the size, still steps up and worships God, with or without the back beat! As I've mentioned on my blog these past several weeks, building a team is critical the 'success' of the ministry. When we all rehearse together on a regular basis, these little hiccups don't slow us down. It's all about giving glory to the King, no matter the size of the team!

And that's what happened. With only a little tweaking to our songs, we had an INCREDIBLE time of worship. I LOVE MY JOB!
  • What Can I Give Him? was a great moment of confession and the beginning of surrender.
  • I love it when we do hymns, 'cause they just touch us in ways that some of today's songs can't. We did I Surrender All, mostly without instruments, and it moved me. What a great song with an even greater challenge. Our vocalists' did a really nice job with the harmonies on that song. Way to go ladies!
  • Pastor Bill began the series, "Restructure", which is about our finances. Go figure that we'd start out with 'perceived' distractions!
  • Really enjoyed how both services 'closed out' our time together. Worshipful, upbeat, hopeful for tomorrow.
It never gets old spending time with the family of God worshiping and praising Him.

We'll see you in church...

No comments: