Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Reliving Sunday

Have I mentioned that I love my job?!?!
To me, it's not really a job. It is a ministry, that just happens to be a paying gig with some benefits. Cool!
But a JOB is something that many of us dread going to, many of us don't like and many of us spend a lot of time looking for something better.
Not me. I'm fine where I'm at. I like it here, so I think I'll stay a little while longer if that's okay with y'all!

Anyway, back to Sunday - have I mentioned how much I love my job?
  • There was sense that God was busy doing 'stuff' and it was very evident.
  • The heart of this body in worship - NOT JUST MUSIC WORSHIP - is exciting to me. It seems that many of us really desire to live better lives for Him. We know it's gonna take work, we know it's gonna 'cost us' something, and yet we strive to learn and then apply that learning in real life. We hear the word, the message, and then we go out and try to live it. What a concept!
  • What is really cool for me to watch are the people that hang out after a service is done. Week after week it's always a little different than the week before. Not always the same groups of people. There is a lot of 'networking' that takes place at a level I've not seen in many churches. LOVE IT!
And to top the day off, my Steelers took care of their business at home by beating the Chargers (sorry Boblit). Now it's on to one more game with the hated Ravens of Baltimore. If any of you follows football, you know that this is not a pretty game. Two teams that truly hate each other, fighting for the last spot for the Super Bowl. Should be good.

I want to close with how I stated our service last week and leave you with this challenge for this coming weekend. I told the congregation that I had trouble sleeping the night before. I kept waking up at odd times and tossing and turning. What kept me up? The Steelers football game! I know - how sick am I that a football game gets me all geeked up and awake at odd hours!
When I finally woke up for real Sunday morning, it hit me - do we get this geeked up, excited about coming to spend time with God? Do we loose sleep on Saturday because we just can't wait to meet God with His family on Sunday?

If we get so excited about stuff in life, what will it take for us to get so excited about God? What will it take for you to put God in that place? Think about it, and I'll see you on Sunday...

No comments: