Sunday, January 18, 2009

About Sunday...

Sundays are never dull around here. There is a sense of God doing something right now, of doing something in the very near future, and of God doing something HUGE here in the Pocatello/Chubbuck Metroplex (as Pastor Bill calls it)! And I am TOTALLY STOKED to be a part of it!!!

* My younger brother, Kevin, spoke today and brought a great challenge - which I will get to at the end...

* There was a desire to worship today that was exciting, humbling and personal today. I think God was pleased with what you brought to Him from your hearts.

* I love my team! I love my team!...let me say it again...I love my team! You don't know most of the stuff that happens each Sunday, and what it takes to make it all come together. This team of volunteers is committed to making the worship place just that - a place where you can worship without distractions. They do this VERY WELL!

Which brings me back to Kevin's point from today. God can use you where you are, wherever you are, whenever He desires to - to make a difference for the Kingdom of God. Story after story of God using Kevin and his family in different situations to introduce someone to/about Christ. And get this - some stories have not ended and they very well may never know the end. Did the person accept Christ? Did the person get connected with other Christ followers to keep getting questions answered? They don't know...but God does. He used them where they were, when He chose to, in order that they might present the grace of Christ.

That's the challenge he left us with today. Will you look at where God has you, let Him use you there, and take a risk for God, giving your story and your life to others? The Kingdom of God grows one life at a time by us - regular every day people - sharing with one person at a time. I hope you will ask God to give you the willingness and courage to risk, to give and to go for Him. I'm right there with you. If you need someone to go with you, I'm already on board. You just tell me when and where and we'll go...let's take this valley for the Kingdom!

See ya in church...

No comments: