Thursday, June 28, 2012

Heart Matters

I recently had a team member text me on a Saturday nite to tell me that they wouldn't be able to play the following Sunday. Stuff in their life was a little chaotic and their heart would certainly be divided and not in a 'worshipful' place. I acknowledged the situation and thanked this person for taking this step early and before trying to 'force' something that would not bring worship or honor to God.

It's an understanding that we have as a team. If there is an issue that is going to get in the way of complete and total worship to and for God, then we need to reevaluate whether we should be on stage. If need be, we sit it out. That goes for any one of us that's on. And I can tell you that in the few times that we've had to adjust, the worship has been amazing. I truly believe that God honors this kind of attention to the heart.

Please understand me - I'm not boasting or bragging, unless I'm bragging on God! 

I just personally know that God honors an undivided heart - in worship, in life, in leadership, in service, in following, in parenting - ALL of life. As a leader, it's our job to keep that as our top priority in the arena of worship and to instill that into our teams.

So how's your heart today? Is there something that's dividing your attention, your worship, your devotion to God? Are you being pulled in so many directions you don't know which way to go?

Let me encourage you to find a place TODAY, alone, and spend time in prayer with the Master Day-planner. Give Him your schedule, family, finances, job or need for a job, home, resources - all of it and ask Him for direction and guidance with all of it. How does He want you to live your life? How does He want you to spend your time? Where does He want you to serve? What can He do with your specific situation that you're struggling with? Be open and honest before Him and watch Him bless your life. 

Trust me...it's an amazing ride that I plan to continue enjoying until the day I go home!

No comments: