Friday, April 16, 2010

Mother's Day Sermon Prep

It never fails that each week someone has an 'idea' on what we need to preach about. It's all intended to be helpful, just not always practical. But I appreciate the input and the feedback. I take that as people are listening and desiring to grow in their walk with Christ.

For Mother's Day, I'd like your help in preparing the sermon. I'll be speaking about mothers - I know, how original - but I also want to include your thoughts on this special day. Here's how:

Write a one paragraph letter to God expressing your appreciation for HOW you saw God impact your mom's life, which in turn (hopefully) impacted yours. What did you love about mom's relationship with God that has stuck with you so far? What was special about the relationship that she had with her Savior? Can you write it down?

I'd like to collect a variety of letters that can be shared anonymously during the message. I have a couple of ideas on the delivery, but that's not the point of this post. I have a good idea of the traits that will be shared, but I would rather share from our church family the reality and the impact it had.

So, if you would take a few minutes to jot down your thoughts on how you saw God impacting your mom's life - how she made decisions, her prayer life, how she handled situations, how she showed her love for others, how she showed her love for God, what made her stand out above the other mom's - things like that. Then send them to my email, karl@fbcpoky.com, or you can post them here if you don't mind everyone seeing it.

I need these NO LATER THAN MAY 2nd.

Thank you in advance for taking the time. And for those of us who had a mom who modeled the way for us, thank God for them today as well!

See ya in church...

No comments: