Monday, June 1, 2009

The Next 'Stage'

Over the last few weeks our worship team has been studying and praying about our role.
What is our goal? Are we in the place that God wants us individually to be? Is our worship honoring Him each time we lead?
Several different questions helping us to, hopefully, draw closer to Him using the skills and talents that He has given us.

Aaron and I were talking this morning and neither of us really know what to expect for this coming Sunday. Except - that we expect to meet God here!

One thing I do know: when we spend time seeking HARD after God, we find Him (rather He finds us). And God will bless each one that does this kind of searching. "Seek and you will find...knock and the door will be opened..." That's not just a song lyric, it's a promise from our Father that clearly cries out, "I want you to find me, to find what it is I have for YOU! All you have to do is ask."

I believe that each of us need to take time - more often than we realize - to seek God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength. If we truly want to know what He has for us...if we truly want to know how to live a life that is REAL...if we want to live on the edge everyday of our lives - then we need to know Him intimately and commit all we have to Him. And that's a daily call, not just a once a week, whenever I remember it call. DAILY!

I hope some of you will take the challenge that Bill put out last week - "30 seconds first thing in the morning and ask God, 'What do you want me to do today?'. And then go do that." Pray that for 30 days and keep track of what God does - it will blow you away!!!

See ya in church...

No comments: