Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Back and ON FIRE!

I have been taking some time off since Christmas, just relaxing and getting some stuff done around the house. It's been good on a couple of levels, but I'm looking forward to getting back to the work of the Kingdom. I noticed some things while I've been 'away' and wanted to share them with you:
  • Christmas Eve services were AMAZING! Had to be the most worshipful I've been a part of since I've been in church. God was in it like I've never seen Him before. WOW!
  • We had three really good services as well. We actually went over last years numbers by a little more than 12%. Kudos to you all who invited people to come meet Jesus.
  • When I'm not with my church family on Sunday, I'm a little empty. I can worship without you, but it's just not the same.
  • People in Pocatello don't know how to drive in the snow - and it drives me CRAZY! Nearly got hit about a dozen times this week...and that was just on Monday!
The more time I spend in God's Word, the more amped up I get about what He wants me to do. I don't fully know what it all is, I just know that He is working in my heart to do some amazing things for the Kingdom. I do know this: what I (we've) been called to do is NOT easy, is NOT for the faint of heart and is NOT for wimps!

I've been disgusted by 'Christians' today who say one thing and then won't back it up with their life. There's a word for that - hypocrisy! And it has to break our Father's heart. But my biggest frustration has to come from cowardly Christians. For example, if someone were to come to your house and start calling your mom or dad all kinds of names and stuff, would you just sit there and let them? NO WAY! You would defend them at all costs, and say that it was in honor of the family. And you'd be right! But when we get challenged on our faith, or people start using God's name in vain or calling God a liar, we just sit back and say, "They're entitled to their opinion," and then we let them continue doing it. WHAT IS WRONG WITH US? That is our Father they're talking about. That is our Dad they are attacking - and we're letting them.

Not me. I'm tired of it. When I read God's Word it clearly says that we are to be standing FOR God - period. He has given us the spirit of boldness - not wimpness! He has given us the Holy Spirit to be our guide - not our excuse! So I'm going to be pissing some people off who think they are 'entitled' to come after my Dad and think they can dishonor Him. Not gonna happen! I'm going to confuse some people who think that only 'certain people' should get help if they meet their criteria. Who decided that we get to pick and choose who needs help? If you see someone in need, scripture says, HELP THEM!

Church - in Pocatello and elsewhere - we have been called BY GOD to be a light in a dark world. Put away the bickering that keeps you from being that light. Put away 'denominational' excuses and reach out to the community in your own backyard. You want to make a difference? Start by opening up your doors to help ANYONE who has a need. God will provide the resources. All you need to do is open your heart to serve.

I'll 'rant' more later. Just had to get this first part off my chest...

See ya in church...

No comments: