Monday, August 18, 2008

Rewind

Interesting day on a couple of levels:
* It was exciting and inviting to be a part of a family that worshiped from a seemingly 'deep place' on Sunday. Not only did the sound get me, it was the look on your faces and your expressions that seemed to say, "Here I am God, we love and praise you!"
* Pastor Bill was back in the saddle after his study leave and gave us a solid reminder that prayer is about being real before God. While that may sound elementary, I would argue that, as church goes, we've gotten away from REAL prayer and more into ROUTINE prayer (repetition for repetition sake). Thanks, Bill.
* We added a song that wasn't originally on the set list, I Surrender All. It was a wonderful time of prayerful reflection and confession that God used to get us looking in the right direction. Way to go GOD!
* The Arts Team did a GREAT JOB getting images about prayer in front of us. I have to say I really like the faceless paintings, simply because I can put my face in whichever one I'm most connected to on a particular day. Thanks, Tawna and Lana.
* Several people just hung out in the sanctuary after the second service. More than we've had on a 'normal' day. Seemed like an air of excitement and enthusiasm. It was Great!
Have you stopped to thank God for what He's doing in HIS house lately? Have you taken the time in your prayer time to let Him know how much you appreciate and love Him? If you're paying attention, you'll sense that something is coming, something big. And God wants to use YOU and me to make it happen.
Take time to pray. It IS what matters.

No comments: