Thursday, May 27, 2010

LEADING By Faith

If you haven't read it in a while, or at all, take time right now to read Hebrews 11. Read it slowly and listen for the excitement of the author as he speaks of these faith forerunners and their obedience, sacrifice and willingness to follow the Lord's call in their lives.

As I read that just now, it hit me - do I lead from a place of such confidence in God? Do I lead from a heart willing to go the distance, even not knowing where it will take me? Do I lead in my home the way that GOD has called me to lead, from faith, in obedience?

I love the last verses - GOD planned something better for US! WHAT? He was talking about the saints, not us. What the...? When did...?

It made me step back and reread it again, even though I've seen this many times before. Part of God's plan in sharing this passage is to remind us that others have gone before, have paved the way, and blazed trails FOR US and for those who will follow. It is NOT COMPLETE until He says it is, when He comes back. WHICH MEANS - we need to continue on in our fight to bring the gospel to the lost - PERIOD! No exceptions, no excuses, no running when things get hairy.

Yeah, it's gonna get tough, it's gonna get uncomfortable, it may even get 'testy'. But if you're a leader, welcome to leadership! If you're a Christ follower, welcome to the reality of a tougher time. AND THEY NEVER GAVE UP! Stop your whining and get after it!

And get this - the verse says that God had planned something better - not good, not okay, not 'just enough' - BETTER!

God's BETTER is always greater than our best. The only way we're going to experience God's better in our lives is to completely surrender everything - yeah, everything! Do you think it's worth the risk?

Just a thought I wanted to share. It's going to show up in my message on Sunday, so I will be just a little EXCITED!!!!!!

See ya in church...

No comments: