Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Season Hopes...

I told someone a couple of weeks ago that I wasn't remotely ready for Thanksgiving, let alone Christmas. And yet...here we are! I guess there's no sense in whining about it now, is there?

So here's what I'm hoping for during this Christmas season for us as a church:

1. That people would connect with the message series, focusing on the gifts of the Magi and what they mean for us today.
2. That people who don't know Christ would come to call Him King!
3. That we would have at least one Sunday where we celebrate baptism in December!
4. That our hearts, as a whole, would be broken for those who are worse off than we are, no matter our situation. If God is for us, NO ONE can stand against us, right?
5. That we would fully understand that He came to serve, not be served. And that we would realize we are here for the same purpose - to serve others!
6. I pray that we can let the Spirit work in our hearts during this season and direct our energy, attention and passion toward the things that move the Kingdom of God forward.

I look forward to seeing how God uses the artists', the technicians, the teachers, the greeters, the leaders in various positions to grow the Kingdom for His purpose and His glory in our little corner of the state.

See ya in church...and if you need a place to plug in and serve, drop me a note and I'll get you connected with the right folks!

No comments: