Sunday, January 10, 2010

What will your life say?

Yesterday was a great day of celebration of a man I got to call DAD.

His quiet, confident, unshakable faith and leadership impacted many, many lives around the country. Everywhere we went he had an impact on someones life for the Kingdom of God. His faith was lived out in what he did, thought and said. As was said yesterday, when you met Dean you knew exactly who he was following in his life.

As I listened to all these people share about dad, I couldn't help but think about the legacy that I will leave. I will never be the man that dad was - and he wouldn't want me to be. I have to be who God created me to be, but he left us a GREAT example of how to live for Jesus in all that we do.

His priorities were very evident - God, family, church, the rest of life. Period. Nothing EVER shook this order. I need to work on these better, and plan to from now on.

What about the rest of you? Where does your walk with Christ play out in your priorities? Do you just make time for Him on Sunday, or do others know by your faith?

I want to challenge all of you who read this to become passionate, committed followers of Christ. Let NOTHING stand in your way as you pursue Him, follow Him and lead others to Him.

Along the journey, take time to appreciate the family you have been given. Whether a single parent or a house full, celebrate the fact that you have them. Families that follow Christ are an incredible gift from God!

When it's your time to go, my prayer is this: live life in such a way that at your funeral the preacher won't have to lie!

Blessings...

No comments: