Monday, September 8, 2008

Gloves Off!

Okay, enough with the kind, gentle approach.

I want to talk to those of you who have musical abilities. We have heard over and over again that people don't want to come to Tuesday rehearsals or feel they can't be a part of the team because we are too professional for where they are.

Hold on....HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!
I had to pick myself up off the floor cause I was LAUGHING MY BUTT OFF! Okay, I'm back now. Let me fill you in on something.

Do you know why we get labeled that way? Because the people playing and singing love God with all their heart, soul and mind and serve from that place...and then God blesses US! {If you would come on Tuesday at 6 pm you would see for yourself just how REAL we are.} We make mistakes. We don't get the music learned on time. We mess up lyrics (were you there last Sunday?). We play the wrong notes and even sometimes in a different key (that's mostly me). We are not studio musicians nor do we want to be. We just love God and worship Him through our gifts of music.

If God has gifted you, STOP THINKING YOU'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH! You were given the ability to draw attention to HIM through those gifts. So, get off your seat, stop making excuses and being selfish, and get here on Tuesday, 6 pm in the worship center. Bring your instrument if you play. JUST COME AND SEE WHAT GOD DOES!
It ticks me off when we allow the deceiver to lull us into thinking we aren't 'good enough' to share! Tell him to go back where he came from and chase after God with your gifts. You wanna see God do something amazing in His church? Step up and serve and watch what happens.

Give me a shout if you have questions or if I just ticked you off. I'd love to hear from you.

See ya at rehearsal...Karl. Did I mention it's at 6 pm in the worship center, on Tuesday?

No comments: