Friday, September 5, 2008

The 'After Party!'

We just wrapped up our prayer series with a night of prayer, praise and thanks. So why has it taken me this long to blog about it? I think part of it is that it all is just sinking in.
Pastor Bill provided opportunity for people to respond to the greatness and goodness of God by sharing their praises with us. There is some INCREDIBLE stuff happening in the lives of the people of First Baptist Church. Everything from financial freedom to healthy marriages and more. We have a lot to be thankful for!

Why don't you take some time, right now, to stop and do this right where you are:

1. Who are you thankful for in your life today? Say the persons name out loud and thank God for the blessing they have been to you.
2. What are you praising God for today? Has he blessed you? Saved you from something? Healed you? Say it out loud to the Creator!
3. What group of people are you thankful for? Who is it that you are glad are in your life today? Take time to say their names out loud and thank Him for them.

I'll tell you what, when you get God's people together and they start sharing what it is that He has done in their lives, you can't hold back. You want to do something! You gotta DANCE or something! (You won't catch me dancing - it'd be UGLY!) But I will get excited and I'll be up for hours because I know what that feeling is like. And I want EVERYONE to experience it. And there are a lot of people that do experience after events like this. It's what I call the "After Party". Once our service(s) is done, I watch the people who hang back and visit, catch up, share, and so on. This happened at our prayer night at a whole different level. The past two, people just said hello and left. Not this time! The majority - and I do mean the majority - of people stayed and shared, caught up, PRAYED - in a church? - it was AWESOME! We're supposed to share what God is doing in our lives with other people. When we're called to be a light, it's more than just sharing Jesus. It's sharing what He has done in us and through us. That's what it means to share. People need hope - and to many people in your circles, you are it! So let them know what He's been up to. Let them know if they are one of those people you thanked Him for. It'll make their day, as well as yours!

When we have people 'hanging out' after services and events, that tells me that God is up to something, and I believe it's something BIG! I hope you're all ready for whatever is coming. I know I am, and I'm starting to get 'happy feet'!

Join us Sunday and see what I mean. I believe God will be at the After Party!

See ya in church...

No comments: