Thursday, February 17, 2011

It Would Be Easy..

One of my favorite movies is "The Proposal" starring Sandra Bullock, Ryan Reynolds, Betty White, Craig T. Nelson and a host of others that just had my side splitting!!!!

We watched it the other night and one of my favorite scenes (of which there are many) just won't leave my head. So, the next best thing to do is blog about it!

In the end, Ryan's character comes running back to officially propose to Sandra's character. Initially she tries to shoot him down.
"Margaret, marry me so I can date you," he says.
"You don't want to be around me. There's a reason I am alone. I like being alone. It's safe. It would be easier if we just forget this all happened..." she states.
"You're right," he replies, "It would be easier."
"But I'm scared," she says. "So am I," he replies. And then they kiss and the rest is Hollywood history and magic!!!

In essence, her character wanted to quit on the hard parts of life and just find a way to start over somewhere else. In short, she was looking for an escape.

Listen, I get that, sometimes, church life and even ministry within the church can be hard. It can be scary. It can be a pain in the (insert your own word here).

It's NEVER meant to be easy. Quitting on your church is NOT an option. Quitting on relationships within the body is NOT an option. Quitting on GOD is stupid and dangerous - and NOT an option.

Yes...it would be easier to just walk away when things get real tough. And that's exactly what Satan would have you do. That way he wins. He's the one who got into the mix to begin with and really stirred things up. Tell him where he needs to go back to!!

I don't know where you are in your church or in your walk with Christ. Let me encourage you to press into His Word more now than you ever have. Seek out a mentor, a brother or sister who is grounded in Christ and allow them to speak into your life. I can tell you that the situation you're in will look different and even hopeful. And when God gets done cleaning up all the crap in your life and you see His hand at work, it will blow you away. Trust me - been there!

See you in church.

No comments: