Tuesday, July 22, 2008

FBC Input Invited!

If you are a member of First Baptist Church in Pocatello, Idaho, I want to hear from you. Every Monday, I will be posting my thoughts on Sunday's services. I want you to hear about what I experienced during worship, from the planning and execution to the moving of the Spirit during the services. But my input doesn't help us, as a worship team, grow. I need your input.

Please feel free to post your comments each week on how the worship service impacted YOU. I would greatly appreciate your feedback - both positive and negative. Here are some questions to help get you started:

  • Did you encounter God?
  • Was there anything that was a distraction during the music portion of worship - too loud, singers flat, words on the screen hard to read, etc.?
  • How was the environment? Too hot, too cold? Seating, lighting okay?

There are a dozen more thoughts, but I'd really like for you to be open and honest about it. I will be reading and praying over all the input, so don't hold back.

By the way, Thank You in advance!

4 comments:

Aaron said...

Hey Karl,
I posted my thought @ utilityministry.blogpost.com

jb5150 said...

good job karl! man you were jamin! i did not get a chance to tell you keep up the energy! my only problem was (key word MY) that i should have stood up to worship on some of the songs we were sitting on.
thanks for your servants heart karl

following you "Lead"

Mode Man

Aaron said...

jb,

it was kind of strange because first service didn't do it. It makes me wonder how conditioned our people are to follow those who ae on stage?

Karl said...

jb,
thanks for your feedback. i appreciate that you struggle with standing or sitting or any other physical response. it should always, no matter the response, be a direct response of the heart. perhaps you just weren't in a spot to do so on Sunday. that is one way to honor God by NOT forcing yourself to do what everyone else is doing. in a sense, you honored God with the best worship you had to give Him in that moment.
keep seeking Him.